How to Submit a Presentation Offer
Offers of presentations should be submitted to the programme advisors c/o Christoph Haxel (Dr. Haxel CEM GmbH). The latest date for submissions is 30 April 2017, but submissions should preferably be communicated before this latest date.
We need: a) an informative title b) an informative abstract of around 200 words describing what the presentation would cover and c) a brief biography of the presenter. These should be emailed toor faxed to II-PIC at +43 (0) 69919000304.
Alternatively, if you would like to recommend a speaker for this meeting, please do not hesitate to contact us as above.
Subject Areas for 2017
The following subject areas are appropriate for this year's meeting. Presentations from sponsors can be product descriptions and should they merely describe one vendor’s product or services. The main consideration in selecting presentations will be their relevance and interest to either users or service providers in the evolving area of scientific, technical and patent information. The following list of main themes is not exhaustive, and all presentation offers will be considered.
We focus on the latest trends in the patent and STI community, such as:
- New ways to work with disseminate scientific and patent information
- New tools for information professionals
- Implications for the information community of mergers and acquisition in the patent information
- Free patent information sources from Patent Offices
- Impact of new entrants such as Amazon, Google, Google Scholar, ResearchGate; co-operation, or competition?
- Digital workplace of the future for end users and professional users.
- Innovation and organisation of in-house information services
- Comparative papers, e.g. Google Scholar versus SciFinder, Scopus vs. Web of Science, ChEMBL versus paid-for drug databases
- Case studies from industry
- Start-ups new trends for new developments
- Latest developments concerning commercially available products and services
- News from patent offices
- Education and training for patent information professionals